– China’s second quarter economic data remain robust: Another interest rate hike on the horizon?
– China will buy five million metric tons of corn this year: How will China’s huge demand for crops impact markets?
– Monsanto is in advanced deal talk with Sinochem Corp: Will the Chinese government be accommodating in the sensitive food industry?
– Nestle plans to buy Hus Fu Chi International: Will the deal go on a different path from that of Coca-Cola/Hui Yuan?
– Big corner stone investors in Chinese banks can now sell their massive holdings of Chinese bank shares: Will they sell?
– China Securities Regulatory Commission likely to conduct stress test on China’s brokerages: Who will pass the test?
– Plan to launch an international board in Shanghai is delayed: Is a USD-denominated board feasible in the near future ?
About Patrick Chovanec:
Patrick Chovanec is an associate professor at Tsinghua University. He has worked for several private equity funds focused on China, and continues to serve as a fund advisor. He holds an BA in Economics from Princeton University and an MBA from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School.